Friday, April 15, 2005

blogging again

The last time I kept a diary was in high school. It was during the senior year when a friend gave me this monstrous notebook, so I decided I’d make it my journal. I kept it for almost 3 years. I’d write incessantly almost every single day of my mediocre high school and college life. It evolved from a journal to a scrapbook. I developed this habit of sticking things on the pages, letters, receipts, pictures … it was “my buddy” during those angst-ridden days. And then I stopped writing. Maybe because I got something new to be preoccupied with. No more late night writing sessions. I burned it to death in our backyard. I didn’t know why I murdered the darn thing. Well maybe because I felt I was growing old and getting tired of all the silliness written all over the pages of my life. So I decided to toss it in the fire, believing the stupidity would also go away.

And now I write again. Here on the net. At least when I get that nagging feeling to burn some things, my diary would be safe here. No, I can’t burn the computer down. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home