Tuesday, June 07, 2005

on paolo coehlo

Some books are like dreams…poetic verses woven by a story-spinner… Paolo Coehlo is one of them. I’ve only read 2 books, Down by the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept & Eleven Minutes… both beautiful dealing with the subject of life and love. Such a beat down topic, however Coehlo’s simply-worded (yet striking) descriptions takes us inside the heads and the hearts of the characters, allowing us to come face to face with our emotions. Reading his books is like coming out of a dream—a vague and yet familiar dream. I find it awesome how a man could write about the inner depths of a woman with so much truth…

"All my life, I thought of love as some kind of voluntary enslavement. Well, that's a lie: freedom only exists when love is present. The person who feels freest, is the person who loves most wholeheartedly.

It hurt when I lost each of the various men I fell in love with. Now, though, I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone.

That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home