Thursday, October 13, 2005

that day..

I was eleven then, a skinny, petite girl caught up in a brawl. It was raining and everybody was on the playground anxious to watch my one-on-one match with Rosemerta, the gigantic bully. She was a plump thirteen-year-old girl who had five good inches advantage over me. She had eyes that seemed to bulge out of their sockets, and huge arms about six times bigger in diameter than mine. I stood tall in front of the bull, head high in my odd-looking fighting stance惻but deep inside I was so scared I could almost see my entire life flash by. Then again, I thought of David and Goliath so I said to myself I'm gonna kick your ass.

But I guess it was my ass that got kicked. The bully grabbed me effortlessly, and shoved my face on to the muddy ground. It was nothing really, until I heard her oh-so-evil high-pitched laugh that hurt my ears and paralyzed me. Even the other kids couldn't bear the bully's piercing guffaw, as they seemed to almost pass out. The next thing I saw was Rosemerta crashing on the ground next to me, her head dipped in a puddle of mud. For a more movie-like, dramatic effect, the rain stopped pouring and the sun appeared almost instantly. There stood my knight in shining armor whose face I couldn't see for a blinding light was shining on that person's face. So I stood up with my puppy-like eyes and a dreamy expression in my face eager to give my knight a well-deserved thank you kiss. Well, it turned out to be that my knight was more of a warrior princess, a pretty girl about my age. She held my hand and then I saw the world's sweetest smile. That day we walked home hand in hand eager to beat all odds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home