Sunday, June 12, 2005

happiness

What is happiness? Is it having a peace of mind… the feeling of contentment… or simply falling in love? Happiness is a profound emotion all of us have felt some time in our lives. It is difficult to put into words. Some people say it is seeing the world through a child's eyes. A child appreciates things the way they are, no matter how trivial they seem to be. When one is happy, a person can go on saying, “I have nothing more to wish for."

Finding true happiness is not easy. It is often elusive to those pursuing it. In being happy one is bound to feel lonesomeness. As Kahlil Gibran would put it, "the deeper the sadness carves into your being, the more joy you can contain."

Happiness is the time I spend with my friends over caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol. It is driving around with my brother in the wee hours of the morning. It is lying down beside mom at the end of the day telling her how my day went. It is a stolen glance… an 8 hour sleep… a satisfying meal… catching up with an old friend... a hug from my nephew... and a call from my sister...

I believe that happiness comes in small packages...and when u least expect it. If u would just open your heart, you’ll see that happiness is everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home